There has been an ongoing problem brought about by the absentee Rosemont Plaza owners. Many residents are losing hope regarding the blight that has been created by the owners’ disregard and neglect of their property. They have negatively impacted our community–our property values and the problems continue to worsen. They have refused to show a willingness to become part of the solution.
Many in the Rosemont community have reached out to them with an invitation to engage in discussions about how to solve problems–problems that have arisen and which are worsening because of their ongoing disregard. They simply do not respond.
Do you know…
- The Rosemont Plaza's owners received a notice last month saying they're violating a county law that requires a "six-foot high perimeter masonry wall along the interior boundary lines of all residential (RD) zoned properties." Visit: http://patch.com/A-qK8R and http://patch.com/A-qL3Z
- The Rosemont Plaza’s owners are appealing the decision.
If they had responded to various Rosemont community members who have on numerous occasions attempted to “reach out” to them, they would have found a support system that was willing to work with them to identify and solve problems. If they would have acknowledged problem issues such as the homeless and implemented ways to deter them from camping on their property, they may not have had to face a code violation.
What they have chosen to ignore is now having repercussions and they should be held responsible for addressing the consequences of their lack of action.
Because they choose to reject offers to partner with our community in a constructive manner, they now need to be called to account by requiring them to resolve the issues they essentially created. Denying their appeal will finally hold them accountable to do what is right and resolve an issue that they are responsible for.
Rosemont residents are encouraged to share their concerns with Supervisor Don Nottoli by letter, fax or email.
Supervisor Don Nottoli - District 5
700 H Street, Suite 2450
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 874-5465; Fax (916) 874-7593
Email: email@example.com (Note: When your email has been received in Mr. Nottoli’s office, you will be sent an email confirmation. If not received, call the office.)
If you would like to attend and/or speak at the hearing, see details below:
Tuesday, Feb. 28
Sacramento County Board of Supervisors Chambers
700 H St., Suite 1450
Information about hearings:
- The Board of Supervisors is comprised of a total of five members
- Mr. Nottoli is the Chairman
- For those who would like to speak at the hearing: A public speaker form must be completed and handed to the clerk of the Board (The forms may be found on the table between the two sets of doors). Three minutes are allowed.
If you plan to attend the hearing, check to ensure it has not been postponed.
- Either call Supervisor Nottoli’s office or
- Visit the link below to view meetings and agendas: A few days prior to the meeting, attendees may want to go online and check the meeting agenda to see if the hearing has been postponed or “continued.” This may be determined by visiting the site (below) and from the home page clicking "Department," “Public Meetings,” “Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda”) This may occur if the Plaza property owners or their attorney provide a justifiable reason to reschedule the hearing. http://www.agendanet.saccounty.net/sirepub/meetresults.aspx?meettype=Tuesday%20Board%20of%20Supervisors%20Meetings