.

UPDATE: Space Heater Causes Lemon Grove Condo Fire

The fire in the 3300 block of Alford Street was reported at 9:51 a.m.

This article was modified a 3:44 p.m. to include more details about the fire:

Mechanical failure in a space heater burned a hole in a wood floor at a Lemon Grove condominium unit Sunday but no injuries were reported.

"It created a huge hole in the floor in the living room," Heartland Fire & Rescue information officer Sonny Saghera told Patch.

The fire moved down into a crawlspace beneath the floor and scorched that area, Saghera said.

The family of three -- one of them a child -- was temporarily displaced, Saghera said.

The fire in the 3300 block of Alford Street was reported at 9:51 a.m., according to Heartland fire officials.

The Red Cross stepped in to help the residents with temporary housing and other needs, officials said.

 


--City News Service contributed to this report

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »