Good morning and welcome to a bright and chilly Thursday, Rosemont! Here's a quick look at the day's activities:
- Hubert H. Bancroft Elementary School, just west of Rosemont, will honor veterans today with songs and poetry from its students. The ceremony will take place at 9:30 a.m. in the school's multi-purpose room at 2929 Belmar St. Patch will be there, so check back for photos later today.
- Some grim housing news: More than 2,500 homes were listed as foreclosures last month, a 14 percent jump from the previous month, according to the Bee.
- In case you missed it, residents served by the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department's east division (which patrols Rosemont) will have the chance to sit down with Sheriff Scott Jones on Monday. .
- Several local grocery store chains are working out new labor deals with their employees, the Sacramento Bee reports. Are you an employee at one of those stores, and have the talks affected you? Email email@example.com and tell us your story (disclosure: editor Cody Kitaura is a former member of the United Food and Commercial Workers union).
- Finally, the U.S. Marine Corps turns 236 years old today. Ooh-rah!