The and the Rosemont Neighborhood Watch are calling out to all Rosemont residents to help eliminate graffiti and tags in our area. A small group of volunteers removed well over 100 graffiti tags or markings since December 2011, mainly along Kiefer Blvd.
You can get more information and discuss graffiti issues at our quarterly Anti-Graffiti meetings (6 – 7 p.m. on Thursdays: May 17, Aug. 16 and Nov. 15) at , 9242 Kiefer Blvd., scheduled just before the Neighborhood Watch quarterly meeting (7 - 9 p.m.). Visit the RCA calendar at http://www.rosemontca.org/RCA_Calendar.html to check meeting dates and times or email RCA at email@example.com.
When you see graffiti please:
Notify the graffiti tag team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with as much of the following information as you can:
- Your name, contact number, and date observed
- Location (approximate address) and nearest cross street
- What the graffiti or tag is on, e.g. light pole, wood fence, masonry wall, utility box, etc.
- Letters or symbols in the graffiti or tag
- Take a photo and attach it to the email (please report the tag even if you don’t have a photo)
If you are interested in helping remove graffiti or can donate painting supplies, please let us know. Also, contact us if you have a generator or pressure washer that you would be willing to let us use for graffiti removal.
We currently need the following items:
- Exterior white paint (also exterior gray, cream and tan or similar neutral colors)
- Paint Rollers, paint brushes and disposable pan liners
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cleaning rags
- Steel wool and scouring pads
- Belt sander
- Wire brushes and Wire paint removal wheel for drill or grinder
- Disposable gloves (latex, nitrile, etc.)