By Rosemont Neighborhood Watch
It’s time for the third quarterly Rosemont Neighborhood Watch community meeting. These meetings are open to all Rosemont residents, so please join us this Thursday, August 16 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at , 9242 Kiefer Boulevard (parking in both the front and back lots).
Guests will include:
- Metro Fire: Representatives of Metro Fire will share about “who they are and what they do besides fires and medical.”
- SMUD: SMUD representatives will discuss “who we are as part of your community-owned electric service, identification of SMUD equipment and facilities in the communities, and how the community can assist by being eyes and ears to protect those assets to maintain safe and reliable power and deter other criminal activity in the community.”
- Sacramento Sheriff’s Department: Rosemont’s SSD Crime Prevention Specialist will be available for questions.
The Rosemont crime report will be discussed, and attendees will learn what steps to take to form a neighborhood watch group. Community Policing Resource Directories will be available for you to take and keep by your phone.
Please plan to come and bring your neighbors as we work together to fight crime and strengthen our community.
The purpose of these meetings is to:
- encourage and equip community members to become proactive in the fight against crime by sharing information, tools and training
- network among ourselves in an effort to make our neighborhoods safer and improve the quality of life in Rosemont
- promote strong Neighborhood Watch groups.
Special Note on Graffiti:
If you are interested in the graffiti abatement efforts, please feel free to attend the quarterly meeting from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. on the same night, preceding the community neighborhood watch meeting.