Could it be Wednesday already? The week seems to be flying by as we bring you another edition of “5 Things You Need to Know Today!” Make sure to check out some sports today—the girls volleyball team at Capital Christian and the girls tennis team at Rosemont High will be playing—then, get a free dinner at Cordova Church of the Nazarene and check out one of the many activities going on at Capital Christian Center. And don’t forget to vote for the Cordova Recreation and Parks District so they can win a grant to improve the parks!
- Now that school is back in session for students, it’s time for fall sports to begin! The girls varsity and junior varsity volleyball teams will host Country Day High School in a scrimmage match today. The match begins at 5 p.m., so get out there and support your Cougars!
- The Wolverine ladies will also be competing today! Catch ’s girls tennis team as they host Elk Grove High’s Thundering Herd. Contact the school at 916-228-5844 to find out when the match begins!
- There's a multitude of positive activities for you and your family to enjoy at . The center will be offering a GriefShare Ministry to help you deal with the death of a loved one at 7 p.m., a 6:13 Wednesday night prayer to focus on the Ephesians 6:13 verse at (you guessed it!) 6:13 p.m., an adult Bible study group at 7:15 p.m. and many programs centered toward your children, from kindergarten students to teenagers. Check out the church's calendar for more information.
- Don't have the money to go out tonight? Head over to today from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. for a free dinner. The dinner is open to everyone, even if you just want to have a nice meal with others. The church offers free dinners every Wednesday, followed by fun activities for all ages.
- The Cordova Recreation and Park District needs your help to improve its parks! Two area parks are currently in the running to win a $100,000 grant from Coca Cola in the America is Your Park Campaign. Votes must be cast by Sept. 6, so click here and cast your vote today.