The Midtown Business Association (MBA) announced today the details and theme for the 2013 Midtown Arts Festival.
This year’s festival will be held on Saturday, October 19 from 12:00pm – 5:00pm at 20th and J Street in the heart of Midtown Sacramento. The event is free, family-friendly and features local arts organizations, galleries, craft vendors, kid-friendly/interactive art activities, fashion show, UNTAPPED beer garden and music/performing arts stage. Over 3,000 attendees are expected.
“This year’s theme, Creative Connections, highlights a core value found throughout our community: collaboration,” said Emily Baime Michaels, Executive Director of the MBA. “Whether it’s a business showcasing local art or an art gallery offering a children’s educational program, the Midtown community understands that arts and cultural events like the Midtown Arts Festival enrich our lives and make our neighborhood vibrant. I want to thank all of the attendees, participants and sponsors for their contribution to this wonderful event.”
A few event highlights and collaborative efforts include:
- Event Poster. This year’s poster (http://on.fb.me/15PU3Xf) was co-designed by local graphic designers Jon Bafus and John Conley.
- Fashion Show. Local boutiques (including Bows and Arrows, French Cuffs and Unlimited Fashions) will showcase the latest fashion trends to promote Midtown’s diverse retail options.
- Art Mural. Local artists Jose Di Gregorio, Micah Crandall-Bear and Kim Squaglia created a mural that will serve as the backdrop to the festival’s main stage.
- Neighborhood Beautification. Local artists will hold a demonstration to paint secured streetscape features that will be repurposed back into the community as permanent art and utility fixtures.
- Craft Beer Garden. Now in its second year, UNTAPPED highlights regional and artisan beers/ciders at the corner of 20th and J Street.
The Midtown Arts Festival is held in conjunction with ARTober (http://artobersac.com/), a month-long celebration of the Sacramento arts community. For more information, please visit http://www.exploremidtown.org/event/midtown-arts-festivaland https://www.facebook.com/MidtownArtsFestival.